Monday, November 21, 2011

My Favorite Writing and Writer Blogs - Part II

NaBloPoMo Post #21

Writing oriented and writer/author blogs can be a great source for learning about the writing craft, fun ideas and much inspiration.

Here's more of my favorites (see My Favorite Writing and Writer Blogs - Part I post as well)

The Bookshelf Muse already had many great articles and resources, but recently they came out with perhaps one of the most useful tools for a writer. It speaks to the concept of "show, don't tell" that many writers often struggle with. Meet the EMOTION THESAURUS! An amazingly extensive collection of various physical actions and reactions for each emotion a character can experience. What a great tool; it now resides on my browser favorites bar. Very Highly Suggested!

A. Victoria Mixon, Editor - Many interesting articles on writing craft, writer tips and editorial  advice

Kicked, Cornered, Bitten and Chased - The Bumps and Bruises of an Animal Trainer and Young Adult Writer - A fun blog from a YA writer and animal trainer. Posts and articles include stories from the side of the animal trainer, as well as writing discussions and carft advice

Christine Dodd's Writing Tips - Tips for writers from the author of contemporary and paranormal romance

Kriss Brady - Keeping the Passion for Writing Alive - informative fun writing articles and tips


Watch for My Favorite Writing and Writer Blogs - Part III sometime next month

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for turning me on to Kicked, Cornered, Bitten, and Chased. I love exotics and can't wait to read through her blog. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yelena, thank you for turning me onto the The Bookshelf Muse's Emotional Thesaurus. I've been looking for something like this and have been toying with making one myself. Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa and Dawna, I'm so glad you were able to find blogs that you enjoyed and found useful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...