Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

NaBloPoMo #8

Here are the rules:

1. Post 2 sentences from the current book you're reading. You can either

a) open the book and share 2 sentences from anywhere on that page or
b) share your favorite 2 senetnces from the book (they have to be in a row)

2. List the page #

*PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING THAT CAN BE INTERPRETED AS A SPOILER!

3. List the name of the book and the author

My teaser of the week follows on the heels of my yesterday's post about one of my favorite books, Master and Margarita. Here are three of the numerous quotes from the book. I won't post the page because there are many translations out there, so the pages differ.

“Follow me, reader! Who told you that there is no true, faithful, eternal love in this world! May the liar's vile tongue be cut out! Follow me, my reader, and me alone, and I will show you such a love!”
“But would you kindly ponder this question: What would your good do if
evil didn't exist, and what would the earth look like if all the shadows
disappeared? After all, shadows are cast by things and people. Here is the
shadow of my sword. But shadows also come from trees and living beings.
Do you want to strip the earth of all trees and living things just because
of your fantasy of enjoying naked light? You're stupid.”

“You should never ask anyone for anything. Never- and especially from those who are more powerful than yourself.”


Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

Share your teasers in the comments or give a link to your blog if you're running a Teaser Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Great picks! I have a book full of quotes from stories I've read over the years. I'll have to look later to see what I have for Master & Margarita. I especially love the explanation of good existing without evil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is one of my favorite quotes from it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rereading Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms, my favorite. :)

    I hope it's alright that it's only one line:

    "War is not won by victory" pg. 50

    Hmph. Wonder what that could mean. Must read on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...