Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo



Well, I have an extremely busy and ambitious writing month ahead of me, it seems. On top of doing the "unofficial" version of the "NaNoWriMo" (in other words, just pushing myself extra hard on writing this month - working on book #2 with Tina Moss and on my individual WIP), I have also comitted and signed up to participate in NaBloPoMo - a committment to write a blog a day for a month.

I love the idea of prompts and so a number of the NaBloPoMo blog posts this month will be writing on these prompts. This is in addition to any other posts I have planned for the month. Hope I can manage to do all of the above, so any encouragement is strongly appreciated.



And so, here's the 1st NaBloPoMo post.

Prompt #1: What is your favourite part about writing?



I have loved writing ever since I could remember, ever since I picked up a pen and learned to write my first words. Between 10 and 13 yeas old, I had a notebook where I continuously wrote a story about  a girl that was based on my own life. The girl in this “novel” had the same hobbies, interests and activities that I had. I even had occasional family readings wich my super supportive parents and brother had to patiently suffer through. In high school, writing essays was my favorite school activity and encouragement from a couple of wonderful teachers  helped. Now I write urban fantasy and paranormal romance and I’m having the time of my life (yes, Dirty Dancing is one of my favorite movies).
My firmly believe that my love of writing came out of my love of readings. My thirst for books is absolutely insatiable and has been since I was about five. I love loosing myself in the different worlds with all of the feelings and emotions, adventures and action that go with them. Some would say it’s escapism at its best. I think it’s much more than that.


When I write, I experience similar feelings. There are stories inside my head waiting to be told and it’s an amazing feeling to have them down on paper. I also would love to have my novels do for others what other people’s novels do for me. The greatest satisfaction for me to get from writing woud be for someone to lose themselves in my stories, whether it’s just for fun or to help someone through a rough patch, to  fall in love with my characters and go through the ups and downs with them.
Writing is also thereputic for me. It makes me feel pumped, optimistic, ready do anything (at least when my writing actually comes out the I want it to). It makes me want to create more and more. And that is probably my favourite part.

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading the rest of your NaBloPoMo posts! I've participated for the past few years and really enjoy it. A post a day can sometimes be hard to commit to. I don't know if I could do it every day for a year though! I'll be checking out your posts throughout the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi C, thank you for encouragement. I hope I can do this, it's definitely a challenge but it's a good good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, my brain is a bit fried tonight, so I'm going straight to cheerleader mode - even though, your first blog post for NaBloPoMo rocked! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Thanks Tee, I need some cheerleading, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yelena! Just wandered over from Twitter, and I'm excited to explore your blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LisaAnn. Thank for stopping by! I hope you enjoy my little blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LisaAnn, just saw your blog and love it! I tried to find your twitter name but couldn't, I'd love to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...