Thursday, March 1, 2012

Interview with Heather McCorkle -
Channeler's Choice Release and Tour

Today, it is my great pleasure to interview Heather McCorkle as she stops by on her Channeler's Choice Release Tour! I have been honored to have met Heather through the writers' online community, of which she is one of the most helpful and supportive authors, and I can say that she is truly an amazing individual and writer.

Without further adieu, I'd like to welcome Heather.

 It's so nice to have your here.

Let's start at the beginning.When did you know you wanted to be a writer?  
When I was twelve. Yep, really.

Who was/is your inspiration?
I find inspiration in so many things that it's tough to narrow it down. If I had to though, I'd have to say my hubby because he gives me so much time to write and supports me so much in that dream.

What advice can you give to "aspiring" writers?
Never stop learning. Go to retreats, workshops, conferences (and college!), keep improving your craft. 

Would you ever consider writing genres other than YA?  
Absolutely. In fact I started out writing adult fantasy and I plan to write an adult fantasy series sometime soon.

What did you learn since becoming a writer?
That there is always more to learn and the industry is so tough that those who stop get left behind.

Who is your favorite character to write in the Channeler's series?
That's a tough one, I love them all so much! I'd have to say Fane though. His innocence, love of all things American, and open spirit are a blast.

A favorite quote.
 "It would be in your best interest not to insult my girl. If you do it again, I will not hold her back." From Fane when Bridget is picking at Caitlin.

I know you do a lot for wild life conservation and preservation. This is a cause that is also near and dear to my heart. Can you please tell us more about your efforts and why  it is so important to you?
I'm donating a portion of the proceeds from every copy of Spruce Knoll that's sold to my favorite charity that protects endangered species. With so many species only years away from extinction in the wild, I can't NOT help. There are 3,500 tigers left and their numbers are decreasing at a heartbreaking rate. And they are only one of many species. I don't want future generations to have to read about such amazing animals in books and ask if such things really walked the Earth.

Heather, thank you so much for being here and answering my questions.


I know you're curious to read more about Channeler's Choice, so here's a teaser:
With her parents' murderer's dead, Eren can finally concentrate on fitting in at Spruce Knoll High, not to mention figuring out what it means to be a channeler. If only it were that easy. It turns out she isn't normal even among channelers - she may be a legendary warrior meant to protect the earth in a last great battle. But Mayan prophecies are the least of her worries as she involuntarily starts to gather her own Society, another girl moves in on Aiden, her powers rage out of control, and worst of all, someone is stalking her. To top it all off, Eren discovers she doesn't have to be a channeler after all - she has a choice. As an old threat closes in and she risks ending up like her parents, she is forced to decide. Be a normal teenager and leave the legendary warrior stuff to someone else, or embrace a dark destiny?

Hurry to pick it up at Barnes & Noble, Amazon and !
And for more information on Heather and her work, visit her blog and website here

11 comments:

  1. That's so great that you have such a supportive husband. I'm lucky in that department too! I love that quote you shared! I can't wait to read this book! Fantastic interview - and you're so right about this industry being tough. You can't sit still, or it'll pass you right by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that we're both so lucky! :) And thank you so much, that's incredibly sweet. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. It was my pleasure stopping by, Yelena. Thanks for having me! And I loved your questions, they were fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yelena for sharing Heather with us. Fun interview! And thanks Heather for your thoughts. All very great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I love this response, "the industry is so tough that those who stop get left behind." It's a hard truth, but one that is important for writers to realize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hard truth indeed. We can never stop learning an moving forward.

      Delete
  5. I love learning more and more about Heather. What is left to learn, I wonder. And her writing is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing with us. I am really having fun hopping around the posts for this tour and look forward to reading the series. Congratulation on the new release. I loved the quote - makes me want to smile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...