Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Art & History Feature - Ireland in Paintings


 In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I present - Ireland In Paintings. What better way to celebrate the green rolling hills of Ireland and its ancient land than in the beautiful landscapes captured by various Irish artists. Enjoy!

Dingle Peninsula by Mary McSweeney 


Watering The Horse by Martin Driscoll

Ross Castle Killarney by Charolette Coulter

A Quiet Day by Martin Driscoll

I Will Give You Ireland by Barrie Maguire

Lyons Pub by Barrie Maguire

Road Dancing in Ireland by Martin Driscoll
Blarney Castle by Mary McSweeney
You can find more work by, and information on, these Irish artists by going to their websites:

Mary McSweeney
Martin Driscoll
Barry Maguire
Charolette A Coulter

10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love all things Irish, especially the art! Thank you for spotlighting these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding amazing new art/artists! And this feature definitely makes me go hunting for new stuff. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I thought that second picture, Watering The Horse by Martin Driscoll, was a photograph. It's so realistic. Thanks for these, and Happy St. Patty's Day! Remember, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's amazing!
      Happy Patty's Day! :) I now have a few green pieces of clothing and was all ready to wear them to work...alas, tomorrow is Saturday :D
      I'll definitely wear my shamrock socks tomorrow though!

      Delete
  3. The UK is my next choice of destination for an overseas vacation. Just checked the trees in my backyard and didn't see any money growing on though. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, UK is definitely on my list as well.

      Delete
  4. Those are gorgeous! I love the quilt one for it's uniqueness. But the scenery in these is so beautiful, I want them all on my walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's very different. He has a few others like that on his website - very unique.

      Delete
  5. Oh I LOVE "I Will Give You Ireland" by Barrie Maguire. Such a clever picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I echo Rachel's comment that "I Will Give You Ireland" is fantastic. Love it! I also adore Ireland. I went there years ago. Actually visited the Dingle Peninsula. Such an amazing area. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...