Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award - Pass It On

I would like to thank Michael Haynes for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can find his blog here.



Here are the rules of the award:

  1. In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
  3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
  4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
  5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
  6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.

And so, I would like to pass on the Versatile Blogger Award to the following 15 bloggers:

  1. Heather McCorkle
  2. Kicked, Cornered, Bitten and Chased - Lisa Chickos
  3. LM Preson
  4. Muse, Rant and Rave - Melinda Collins
  5. TS Tate
  6. Tina Moss
  7. Shevi Arnold
  8. Writability – Ava Jae
  9. Susan Kaye Quinn
  10. Seeing Creative - Stina Lindeblatt
  11. Kriss Brady
  12. The Writer’s Blog - Vanessa Eccles
  13. Entertaining Interests - Danielle Bertrand
  14. Writing and Kids - Lisa Bouchard
  15. Leigh Evans
Since I already listed 7 random facts about me in another award post, I'm going to list the same facts below for those interested.

7 Random facts about me:

1)      I’m a black belt in Shotokan Karate, a traditional Japanese Karate and I’m an internationally licensed instructor. I teach women’s and other classes in the Japan Shotokan Karate Association. My husband is a 6th degree black belt.

2)      I was born in Kiev, Ukraine and came to America when I was 13 years old. I haven’t been back since, but hoping to visit in the next couple of years.


Kiev

3)      I learned to dive before I could swim. My dad taught me both.

4)      I use to paint with watercolors all my childhood and into my teens. I was best at painting still-life and nature but always wanted to learn to draw people. It is still one of my goals when I get some free time (hmmm…when will that be?)

5)
Kirk
 My husband and I had three cats named after the original Star Trek characters – Captain James T. Kirk, Mr. Spock and Bones. Kirk and Spock passed away within the last year and so now Bones is learning to be the alpha cat. Kirk was always the alpha cat and was like a son to my husband especially. I was always a dog person but these three cats became my “children” and I cannot imagine my life without them now.


Bones

6)      One of my absolutely all-time favorite books is “Master and Margarita” by a Russian writer Michael Bulgakov. The book has been translated in many languages and I strongly recommend it to everyone. Here’s the link to it on amazon.com: Master and Margarita

7)      I wanted to be an archeologist and almost majored in it. My grandfather’s good friend is a prominent archeologist and I always wanted to go on a dig. It still remains an activity to do. But I love everything ancient history.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination and congratulations on receiving it yourself! I really appreciate the thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! And how awesome to have three Star Trek cats (well, two) in the house!! You're a woman after my own heart with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award. I'm thrilled to see some of my blogging friends listed too.

    #1 and 2 are really cool (love the photo).

    I wanted to be an archaeologist too--until I took a first year university course on it. Turns out it wasn't as thrilling as in the movies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Yelena!!!

    I'm so sorry...I just realized that somehow Blogger removed you from my 'following' blogs, but I got that fixed now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my pleasure to have included all of you on this list!

    Melinda, blogger does weird things sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nomination! You have great "fun facts" about yourself and love your blog! Keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for my award! I love it, and I will be posting mine on my blog tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...