Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Art & History Feature - European Castles

I'm fascinated with ancient castles and palaces, and Western Europe is ripe with them. Here are some of my favorite castles (most of which I'm yet to visit).
France

Chateau de Chambord in Loire Valley


Chateau la Rochefoucauld

Chateau de Chenonceau in Loire Valley


Italy

Castello di Soave in Verona

Fenis Castle in Aosta Valley

 
Castel Sant'angelo in Rome, which I had the pleasure of seeing


Spain

Coca castle in Segovia

Alcazar Castle in Segovia

Castillo de Loarre

England

Bodiam Castle

Alnwick Castle

Herstmonceux Castle

Windsor Castle

Ireland

Burnratty Castle

Blarney Castle

Dublin Castle

Kilkenny Castle


This is just a very small sampling of the unbelievable number of beautiful castles located in Western Europe.

Do you like castles? Which ones are your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I've been to Alnwick and that place and the surrounding grounds are super gorgeous. I like all the castles, but my favorite picture is Alcazar Castle. If I was going to build a castle, I would want it to look something like that. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...