Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Art & History Feature - Katarina Sokolova

As you know, I love discovering new artists, and today I'd like to introduce you to Katarina Sokolova, who graciously permitted me to write about her and share with you her wonderful digital art.



First, a little bit about Katarina in her own words:

"Represented by LEMONADE Illustration Agency. For all the details please contact Justine Vincent info@lemonadeillustration.com.

In April 2008 Norma Editorial of Barcelona, Spain has published a compilation of my Art Photos and Digital Art called INSOMNIA.
It is available for purchase in the bookstores of European Union and online.

I was born in Kiev, Ukraine.
Starting from the age of six, I attended classes at the batik and graphics departments of the Art Union of Painters of Ukraine. In 2002 I have graduated from the graphics department.
During the last nine years I have been enjoying working as a computer graphics artist.

Since 2003 my works are regularly included in the books of the best digital art in the world EXPOSÉ (1, 2, 3, 4 - author of the cover, 5, 6, 7), EXOTIQUE (1, 2, 3), PAINTER (BALLISTIC Publishing, Australia)
My photo artworks were repeatedly used for book covers by many publishing houses: HildenDesign, SUMA de letras, Santillana Ediciones Generales, S. L, Planeta Group, Norma Editorial etc. (Spain, Germany, Great Britain, Argentina, Canada)

I have also participated in group exhibitions of Ukrainian painters at gallery "Dim Mikoly" and other galleries in Kiev.
Some of my works are kept in private art collections in Switzerland, Australia, Canada and the United States."











You can find more digital art by Katarina, as well a whole section of amazing photographs by her at her website: http://www.katarinasokolova.com/

Did you enjoy this art? What artists would you like to see featured here in the future?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...