Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul - A Quick Review

If you want writing inspiration, and inspiration for your life, look no further than the Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul: Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit of Writers.

http://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Soup-Writers-Soul-Rekindle-ebook/dp/B0098TB260/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393433658&sr=8-2&keywords=chicken+soup+for+the+writer%27s+soul



I have to make a confession here - I haven't finished reading the entire book. But I can tell you, that in two days of reading it, I held back tears (since I was commuting in public transportation), chuckled and got crazy inspired. The book is a collection of essays and stories by writers about their writing and life journey, about how they persevered and how they touched the lives of others by been writers. These are all kinds of writers, fiction and non-fiction, journalists and novelists.

I was inspired so much that, besides the writing on my WIP, I sat down last night to start writing my recollections of growing up in Kiev, Ukraine and moving to America. I don't know if anything more will come out of it this - it might just end up been an essay for my own private writing collection - but who knows...The point is, I want to write, write, write!

I would definitely recommend this book to any writer seeking inspiration, motivation or just looking to read stories about other writers and their writing life.

What are you favorite books on writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...