Thursday, January 24, 2013

Great Writing Blogs, Websites and Articles



Once in awhile, I put together a list of writing blogs and websites that I discover for myself, and that I think are great resources for writing tips, motivation, inspiration and the craft in general. Some items on the list are also links to specific articles that I found to be useful, entertaining or interesting.

I love to constantly find new ones, so please share your favorites in the comments.


Write It Sideways. To get a taste of the variety of great articles on writing and publishing, check out their Top 10 Articles of 2012.The content is frequent and I would it put it among the most useful blogs for writers to follow.

Surly Muse has a number of great articles on craft, such as Dramatic Scenes and Dramatic Irony: Eight Easy Fixes and Finding The Flow State in the Age of Distraction.

Advanced Fiction Writing by Randy Ingermanson is chuckful of helpful information. He explains his "snowflake method" in this article: How to Write a Novel: the Snowflake Method. You can also sign up for his ezine and get period email delivered right to your mailbox.

Live Write Thrive by C.S. Lakin delivers writing tips content a few times  a week, and gets into the detail of the craft. Many great articles to peruse.

Chuck Wendig's Blog, terribleminds, includes such great articles as 25 Hard Truths About Writing and Publishing.

Jessica Spotswood - On Being a Slow, Inefficient, Imperfect Writer.

More blogs, websites and articles of interest to writers to come in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. These are fantastic, and several of them I didn't know about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know about these and am entirely interested in them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this website from my buddy who shared with me regarding this web page and now this time
    I am browsing this site and reading very informative posts
    at this time.
    Web content editor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...