Thursday, July 19, 2012

JSKA Karate World Championship in Cancun - Album I

So we're half-way through the World Championship week and the actual tournament starts tomorrow. Today, I wanted to share a few of the pictures from this trip so far (hence, Album I). :)

First off, the resorts we're staying at where the World Championship 2012 is taking place - Iberostar Cancun, Golf & Spa Resort:


This is the view from our balcony
Here's the same view at sunset:


Another part of the resort:


Here's our team (minus one member). Hubby is the team's coach and the President of the organization in the Pan-Americas:


Another pic of the team, now minus the hubby but plus the member of the team who wasn't in the last pic :)


We had a great three hour training this morning with all the members of various teams. The first part of the seminar was with Abe Sensei, the head of our organization from Japan, and Nagaki Sensei, one of his senior students. Then we trained with other senior Senseis (teachers), including my hubby, Sensei Thomas Casale. Here are a few pics from that training.

Part of the training this morning. Hubby is on the right, teaching part of that seminar


Training hard

Kids having fun playing "zombies" :)

The hubby and I at dinner:



With a dear friend and the member of the Mexican karate team, Suzel (her husband is the organizer of 2012 Championship):



Lounging around

Well, that's it for Album I. Album II coming in a few days and will include the tournament pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having a blast, and in such a beautiful place! I'm totally green with envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous place and we're having fun, but I wish I wasn't so nervous about competing. I haven't competed in a few years and the nerves are spoiling the relaxation a bit :) On Sunday, I should be completely relaxed! lol

      Delete
  2. Looks like so much fun. Were the kids preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse? :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...