Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Happy News Announcement


Today, I wanted to share with you all a happy announcement. My husband and I have closed on our first house last Friday! We are very excited and looking forward to moving in a few weeks, once all the minor renovations are completed.

Things I'm looking to the most when living in the new house:

1. Peace and quiet when coming home after work. Although I'll still be going to the Dojo a few nights a week to teach and train, the nights that I will be going straight home will be super special.

2. A writing nook. I'm really looking forward to making a writing space for myself, although I'm sure I'll end up writing all over the house, including the living room couch and outside on the deck when it gets warmer.

3. Hosting parties and having friends over for dinner, coffee, girls' nights and anything in between. It's been a long while since we could do that. I'm looking forward to cooking for our family and friends and enjoying their company.

4. While the commute to work is going to be a little bit longer for me, it should be a much more pleasant commute, and I'll always get a seat - which means more reading time!

5. In the immediate future, I'm looking forward to picking out paint colors and deciding on furniture and decorations for all the rooms. And that in itself is a fun little adventure! :)


8 comments:

  1. Ridiculously, overwhelmingly, fill-in-the-happy-adjective, excited for you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! The first house is always special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I know how exciting that can be. Enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! To celebrate, you should watch the movie The Money Pit :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...