Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Art & History Feature - Sergey Brandt


I love watercolor. I love painting with this medium, I love looking at watercolor art. For a long time, I have been searching for watercolor paintings of my native city, Kiev. I've found a few over the years, but earlier this week I found a wonderful watercolor artist based in Kiev and was overjoyed to have discovered Mr. Brandt's work. I emailed him and asked for his permission to feature him in the Friday Feature on my blog. So, with his permission, I present to you Sergey Brandt.

All the information about the artist and all the work is taken from the artist's website: http://sergeybrandt.com/index2.html#main. Please visit this site for more information and to see the full gallery of Mr. Brandt's works.

Sergey Brandt was born in 1963 in Gytomer, Ukraine. In 1990, he graduated from the National Academy of Fine Art and Architecture - with a specialty in architecture. Starting the year after that, he started painting profesionally. He's had exhibitions in Poland, Prague and, of course, his native Ukraine. He has also worked as an interior designer in Kiev.

Here's a sampling of Sergey Brandt's works - enjoy!





















Thank you to the artist, Sergey Brandt for letting me feature his work on my blog.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What beautiful work. The colors are so vivid and alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it! Maybe when I go to Kiev sometime in the future, I'll stop by and get one of his paintings :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Sergey's work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the woman with the leopard. That would make an awesome tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the one of the woman with the leopard. That would make an awesome tattoo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...